Wednesday 18 April 2012

Finished!

So, my first year of journalism is over.

It was harder than I imagined it would be. There was always one more story that you had to write, or one more picture to take. Always one more assignment to finish.

This year, it felt like there was just no break. It was just go, go, go, and then STOP. After the last exam, it's just over. It's going to feel so weird, having absolutely nothing to do.

Of course, we're advised to keep on top of things during the summer, like freelancing or updating our blogs or even just reading the news every day. Honestly, though, I really want my brain to turn to mush.
When will there ever be a break? Certainly not when I'm a paid journalist with financial and family responsibilities. I may as well enjoy the time off. In fact, I'm going to Alaska by myself this summer and I'm choosing not to get a part-time job. These eight months of school have slightly traumatized me with stress. Now I know what to expect for second year.

No comments:

Post a Comment